The goal of our philanthropy, along with our associates' volunteer efforts, is to make a difference. Because we are unable to fund all worthy endeavors, areas of focus help us make the greatest impact where critical needs exist. All contribution requests must meet our general guidelines.
PROGRAM FOCUS AREASGrants are made under five focus areas that reflect our values and funding priorities:
- Education, Schools and Youth Activities
- Health and Human Services
- Environment and Conservation
- Arts and Culture
- Community and Civic Development
ELIGIBILITYBalise will consider granting/giving applications from organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of qualifying non-profit tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code.
- Provide a completed grant application. Fill out our Request for Funding Application.
- Are located in communities that are generally served by our dealerships and service facilities.
- Allow for regular, independent outside audit review and have financial information available upon request.
- Comply with all applicable state and federal laws regarding non-profit organizations including registration and reporting.
- Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Fit within the Balise charitable contributions five focus areas.
GENERAL PROGRAM EXCLUSIONSLike many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. Company policy, budget limitations, and/or federal law may prevent Balise from providing support to some organizations.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or sexual orientation
- Programs that are not located in communities generally served by our dealerships and service facilities
- Individuals, including support for specific students, scholarships, researchers, travel funds or expenses, conference fees, medical procedures, etc.
- Beauty or Talent contests
- Debt-reduction campaigns or operational deficits
- Organizations that may pose a conflict with the goals, programs, products or associates of Balise