Balise Charitable Giving Guidelines
Balise has been part of the community for over 100 years and feels strongly about building a better future for our customers, neighbors, and associates. We have a long history of community philanthropy and support a philosophy of giving back to the communities in which we do business. We believe in developing philanthropic partnerships that deliver long-term sustainable value and benefits to the greater community.
The goal of our philanthropy, along with our associates’ volunteer efforts, is to make a difference in the communities where our customers and associates work and live.
All contribution requests must meet our general guidelines to be considered.
PROGRAM FOCUS AREAS
Because we are unable to fund all worthy endeavors, we focus our support in the areas of education, health and human services, and community and civic development. We have selected these areas of focus as a method of thoughtfully channeling our resources to have the greatest possible impact where critical needs exist.
Grants are made under the following focus areas that reflect our values and funding priorities:
- Education and Youth Activities: Programs supporting local and lasting youth development; programs advocating STEM curriculum and technical trades.
- Community and Civic Development: Organizations that directly impact the long-term economic development of our communities.
- Health and Human Services: Partnerships that support advancing the ability of health care providers to provide better medical care for the community.
Within these areas of focus, our funds are aimed at longer term program development and sustainment rather than sponsorship of individual events. For example, we would consider supporting a grant to secure specialized medical equipment for the local neo-natal intensive care unit rather than an advocacy walk or golf tournament supporting the hospital.
Balise will consider granting/giving applications from organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of qualifying non-profit tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code.
- Provide a completed grant application. Fill out our Request for Funding Application.
- Are located in communities that are generally served by our dealerships and service facilities.
- Allow for regular, independent outside audit review and have financial information available upon request.
- Comply with all applicable state and federal laws regarding non-profit organizations including registration and reporting.
- Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Fit within the Balise charitable contributions focus areas.
GENERAL PROGRAM EXCLUSIONS
Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. Because of this, our funds are typically aimed at longer term program development and sustainment rather than sponsorship of individual events.
Company policy, budget limitations, and/or federal law may prevent Balise from providing support to some organizations or events:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Programs that are not located in communities generally served by our dealerships and service facilities.
- Individuals, including support for specific students, scholarships, researchers, travel funds or expenses, conference fees, medical procedures, etc.
- Beauty or Talent contests.
- Debt-reduction campaigns or operational deficits.
- Organizations that may pose a conflict with the goals, programs, products, or associates of Balise.
The vast majority of our support is done proactively, but if you believe your organization meets our eligibility criteria and falls within our program focus areas, please let us know by using the Request for Funding Application.
Applications will be reviewed within 60 days of receipt. Notifications will follow.